Ipod touch screen replacement

Reaction score
I bought a new ipod touch screen off amazon because i cracked the original screen. The screen is a perfect match.
I went to an apple store and they said that screen repair would cost over £80. I thought this was a rip off as buying a screen online costs only £20. I don't want to replace it myself because theres a chance i might destroy it completely and cost even more to replace.
Will the apple store fix it if i give them the screen i bought and my broken ipod?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you didn't want to do it yourself or have a shop that would do it for you, you probably should have just let them do it to begin with. If they will replace it with your screen, you're not likely to get a discount equivalent to what you paid for the screen from their original quote.

The only way you'll know for sure though will be to ring them up or drop by the store. There are no Apple employees here, or at least none that could address Apple policy with a definitive "take it to the bank" answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, iPad 2 64, 2 x iPod Touch, MBA, 2 x iPhone 3g
Look it up on You Tube, there are some quite good videos.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.