PS3 Controller as joystick for mac?

Reaction score
Can this be done, to use a ps3 controller as a Mac Joystick, im pretty sure it can be done on PC,

If that fails can you use a ps2 joystick with mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13"
No, it works over Bluetooth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3
Worms

Im bumping this one since this is the closest related to my question.
l am considering buying a ps3 controller for my macbook air. Does the controller work on any game or just some games?
For the moment l want it for playing worms, so that is the most important atm. Anybody knows?

Oh, and is it limited to just one controller or is it possible to connect several controllers to one mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
For those who want to use the ps3 controller with steam, note that there is not native support in a lot of steamplay games for apple. In recent versions of OS X the drivers are built in (so you can use it via USB with no problems... altho I warn that the bluetooth will pretty much spam you with pairing requests when you unplug it... the controller will likely not pair either).

But yeah... if you're looking for the best game compatibility I'd suggest a 360 controller and the OSX driver from Tattiebogle.net - Mac OS X driver

Most games are designed for the 360 controller at this point in time, so it'll offer the best compatibility.

Note: I have not tried games from the Mac App Store. It's possible it MIGHT work since the driver is built into OSX, but there are no guarantees as it is ultimately up to the developer of the game to provide support for certain brands of controllers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3
An update for anybody interested:
l tested a PS3 controller now and found out l had to download an app called Gamepad Companion to make it work with Worms. It is not very expensive, it is about $8 USD, according to a forum where l heard of it.
Well worth the money in my opinion. You can program the different buttons to correspond with whatever key on the keyboard you want. Now its pretty much just like playing Worms on the Playstation :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
An update for anybody interested:
l tested a PS3 controller now and found out l had to download an app called Gamepad Companion to make it work with Worms. It is not very expensive, it is about $8 USD, according to a forum where l heard of it.
Well worth the money in my opinion. You can program the different buttons to correspond with whatever key on the keyboard you want. Now its pretty much just like playing Worms on the Playstation :)

Thanks for that, because the USB controller i use just doesn't cut it. Ill check this out, and won't buy coffee for a cpl of days :)

And to add, its in the Mac App Store too.

+Rep

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.