Are Orange Lying To Me...?

Reaction score
Hey guys

I went into the Orange shop yesterday and had £450 in cash to buy the PAYG iPhone 3GS 16GB and they said my contract sim card won't work in it...although I have had an Orange contract for 6 years.

I pay £20 a month and I get 400 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited internet and insurance - and it's a 3G sim card as my phone at the moment is 3G ( have an unlocked Android G1).

They said it would work for calls and texts, but not the internet (well, he said the internet would work for about a month then cut out) - although I have unlimited internet. They said I would have to upgrade and pay £37 a month to use the sim (£30 for line rental and an extra £7.50 for unlimited texts as I use about 1400 a month)...on the same plan.

I didn't take the phone...but is this true? I can't understand why.

They said if they sell me the phone and I try and refund it, they won't allow it as I have been warned. I just want to see if it's true before I am potentially £450 out of pocket!

But I went into a different Orange shop, told the woman exactly what plan I was on and what I wanted to do, and she said it was fine to do so.

Are Orange trying to get additional money out of me...?

Thanks you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I would confirm by maybe phoning Orange support, or asking in yet another shop.

If other sources say its OK then you may have got a dodgy salesman trying to fool you in to a more expensive contract

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.