iMac Vs PowerMac???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I am a graphic designer yes believe it or not I am using a PC for graphics etc, i have read enough to know that whichever switch i make from my PC based system to Apple will be a Huge leap forwards in speed and power.

You may actually be deceived here. Adobe software runs IMO better or just as good under Windows as it does under Mac OS X.

I personally prefer to run OS X at home since it is cleaner etc, but I have no complaints from my Dell workstation running Windows Vista Ultimate x64 at the office for running design apps.

I'm personally hoping CS5 for OS X will be coded for full 64-bit support.

However, I personally had a Mac Pro and felt its power was wasted for these apps and have now purchased a MacBook Pro.

Therefore, I'd still recommend the iMac to you and if you want the best (which you can well afford in your budget) get the 27" i7 model and upgrade the RAM after purchase via OCW or Crucial to suit your needs.

Hope that helps...

OP
S
Reaction score
Micro$haft windows[/QUOTE said:
Ha ha ha (thats awesome).

Thank you to everybody for their input, very gratefully recieved.
Now i am a little more enlightened I think I will go the PRO route with high end processors and upgrade ran later.

Thank you very much :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.