Processor settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook. Once you go black, you never go back. 2.0 Ghz Intel Core Duo; 2 GB RAM; 80 GB HDD
Does anybody know how much of a difference the processor settings in the "energy saver" option makes? How much of a speed difference is there between Automatic, Highest, and Reduced? It makes quite difference in battery consumption as I've observed, there is a big difference between Automatic, Highest, and Reduced. Let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8GHz G5 512mb Ram
Well, I leave mine at Automatic. Basically what it does it let's you choose how much processor you want to use. Highest uses the maximum amount of processor speed all the time for everything. Lowest uses the least amount of processor for applications as possible, thus saving power. Automatic uses more processor when it's needed most (big applications, multitasking, etc..) or not a lot (surfing the web, idle, etc..)

sKaD

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.