• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Video to add to Garageband tracks...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
I just got a macbook pro 17" and ive been making some beats on garageband. I love how easy it is to share the tracks by importing them to itunes and share them. I wanted to put some of them to some video so that I could upload them to youtube to share. I was wondering if there is any way to record the iTunes visualizer or anything like that, so that I could just have some cool effects to go along with the music? Any ideas are appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
You can use iMovie to put videos to music. I guess you could record the visualizer with Quicktime X if you have snow leopard. Go to file>new screen recording to record the screen while the visualizer is going. It would probably decrease the frame rate a lot though.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
Is quicktime X the little quicktime icon in my dock that doesnt do anything when I click on it? I can see that it's open in the top bar but it doesnt actually open anything? If so thank you that is EXACTLY what I was looking for!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
This is the one...

snow_leopard_quicktime_x_icon.jpg

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thats it! Awesome, thanks again iZach! I can't wait to go home and try it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 2Gb, 160HDD & 10.6.2 / Aluminum Keybaord & Mighty Mouse / WD MyBook 1TB
Not bad, pretty decent loop. I liked it! I would def recommend looking more into the conversion with quicktime when recording the video and that would be to control the quality and frame rate like Zach mentioned. Also if you are into recording what's visually happening on your screen screenflow and camtasia they are decently priced for the quality they produce. I use screenflow and love it!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks Emptee! I'm glad you liked it!! *big smile* Yeah I did notice that it didnt record as fluidly like the frame rate slowed. I will definately check out those two programs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You might be able to get better frame rates by setting the quality to medium

Screen shot 2010-02-06 at 4.01.32 PM.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.