Migrate email account settings from Entourage to Mail 4.2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.66GHz Duo
I am trying to get an OWA account set up on Mail 4.2. I had no problems setting it up on Entourage and have been using it for several months.

I've noticed that the only program I ever have problems with hanging, slow execution, etc. is Entourage.

The problem is that the setup between the two are somewhat different. Entourage wants the following server information to setup the account:

Account Name
Email Address
Account ID
Domain
Password
Exchange Server Name (http://www.outofmyoffice.com/exchange/)

Mail wants the following:

Description
Email address
Full Name
Internal server name
External server name
User name
Password

The internal server name is where I'm getting hung up. I've tried many variations on "mail.company.com" or "exchange.company.com" or "incoming.company.com" and nothing works.

Does Entourage contain some secret "voodoo" command that only the server and the application know? I really hate having to use Entourage to get my work email. I just want to access all my emails using one application.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Would internal server name in fact be an IP address, rather than a domain name?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.