Target Disk Mode, Lid Closed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Hello, i was wondering since when using the computer in target disk mode in tiger, you are not really creating alot of heat, so is there a way to use the powerbook in target disk mode when it is closed? I want to do this, so it will be easier to work off my hard drive and use the hardware in the tv studio at my school with out haveing to disconect it all of the powermacs and into my computer and with out having to balance my computer on some shelf with the lid open... I am just curious if this is possible, any body have any suggestions on how to do this, i will greatly appreicate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Ive never used Targe Disk mode. What happens when you are using it and you close the lid?

M

menace3054

benjamindaines said:
Ive never used Targe Disk mode. What happens when you are using it and you close the lid?

the computer uses the keyboard area as a heatsink, if you close it while the machine is on, you risk considerable damage to the lcd and computer as a whole.. i wouldnt recommend risking it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
menace3054 said:
the computer uses the keyboard area as a heatsink, if you close it while the machine is on, you risk considerable damage to the lcd and computer as a whole.. i wouldnt recommend risking it
Thats the iBook he is talking about a PowerBook

M

menace3054

benjamindaines said:
Thats the iBook he is talking about a PowerBook

powerbook as well, ill try to find the article.. maybe im wrong, but i remember i was looking to do something similar on my pb, and i was told not to

edit: your right, nm, :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.