MacBook Pro doesn't have Photo Booth

Reaction score
I'm actually beyond frustrated right now. I bought my MBP in August of 2009 and just recently realized that it didn't come with Photo Booth installed. It has everything from iWorks to iPhoto, everything else, except Photo Booth. I didn't get any CDs with it either, as I recall, because it was a floor model. Is there somewhere I can install it? People have suggested going back to Best Buy about this problem, but I have a feeling they won't be able to do anything for me.

Thank you, Best Buy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I would just give best buy a call and explain it to them Ill bet they will help. I have a "friend" who works for best buy and he tells me they delete the app on floor demos to stop youngsters from taking rude pics on the machines for the world ( and future buyer) to see.
So check it out and take this 2nd info with a grain of salt.

Clay

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you buy a machine that was a floor model and it comes "as is" you get it "as is". Best Buy is not the greatest place to shop but I know from experience that their floor models are reduced in price and they tell you up front what's missing. If that wasn't the case with your purchase, then I would go back to them and speak with the store manager.

In the meantime, I suggest you purchase a retail copy of Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6.2) from Apple. You didn't mention which OS X your machine is using. It could be Leopard (OS X 10.5.8). However, purchasing a new retail copy of Leopard is very expensive and Snow Leopard will probably be better anyway.

Another option you have is to call Apple customer service, give them your model number, and ask them to send you a copy of OS X specific for your machine. That should be less expensive.

Either way, you will be able to restore Photo Booth and any other apps that might be missing. And you definitely need a copy of OS X install disks for future use and trouble shooting.

Regards.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Macs need their OS DVD's. Go back to Best Buy and talk to them. Some may disagree but BB should make good on the DVD that comes with the machine. I would bet that Photobooth was deleted by someone messing with it since it's a Floor model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.