I've accidentally deleted OS X

ACL

Reaction score
Hi,

I've just tried using Bootcamp to install Windows 7 to run alongside OS X on my new MacBook but I think I've accidentally deleted the OS X partition (not the partition itself, that's still there, but when I go into disk management it says my old OS X partition has 100% free space and when I boot my MacBook Windows 7 is the only operating system I can boot).

So what I'm left with is a 32 GB partition on my MacBook with Windows 7 on it (which I'm using to post this now), and an 80 GBish partition which contained OS X before but is now apparently empty.

How can I get the OS X operating system back on my MacBook?

I have the Mac OS X install discs that came with my MacBook but I really don't know what to do now beacuse I'm not exactly a computer whizz...

I hope I'm making some sense and would appreciate any advice,

Regards,

ACL

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What happens when you reboot the machine holding down the option key?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Hopefully you backed up your Mac partition before you tried to install Win 7 with Bootcamp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.