any cool apps or programs for a new user??

Reaction score
hey guys i'm new to the apple scene and i just got Imac and i just upgraded it to snow leopard, but i was just wondering if there any cool and fun stuff to do on the macs?

anything would be nice :) just to help out a new user:)

the programs could be entertaining stuff, useful stuff, or just in general fun stuff thanx guys :)

2nd question: as for apple tv does it cost money to use?

C

chas_m

First question: your mac already came loaded with a LOT of fun stuff, from Photo Booth to iChat to the iLife apps. Check them out first and foremost!

Beyond that, if you could give us some info on your areas of interest we could certainly help pinpoint some awesome stuff for you. I'll start with with a great site for freeware: FreeMacApps.com - Finder & Desktop Applications

2nd question: No. Unless, of course, you want to buy or rent movies/tv shows, which you probably will as that is a great use of it.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link.

I don't really need any new software as the computer does come with cool features and software. No Junks like the PC.

iworks or Ms office for mac is a must have though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And don't overlook Preview - a very capable App, you can deal to photos to change, exp, saturation, hue etc etc and save in umpteen formats using export and on top of that there is Instant Alpha which is great - you can highlight, circle, lasso and use pointers on documents and pics.
I did this in Preview;

Click for full size

Check this out as well - some helpful stuff here

Reaction score
Instant alpha? I can't seem to find that! Do i need to purchase that from the Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just checked wifes iMac - she is on Leopard and yes Leopard does have it - u have to load a pic before it shows.
Note
10.5 = Leopard
10.6 = Snow Leopard.

Reaction score
Oh, Okay I'm going to try it right now.

How do I get 10.6? LOL.

Honestly, I have no idea what version mine is.

ETA: Okay, it says 10.6.2. Is that right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you want to open iChat you could share your screen and i could check it for u ;D

OP
E
Reaction score
First question: your mac already came loaded with a LOT of fun stuff, from Photo Booth to iChat to the iLife apps. Check them out first and foremost!

Beyond that, if you could give us some info on your areas of interest we could certainly help pinpoint some awesome stuff for you. I'll start with with a great site for freeware: FreeMacApps.com - Finder & Desktop Applications

2nd question: No. Unless, of course, you want to buy or rent movies/tv shows, which you probably will as that is a great use of it.

thx man for the website i like it lots of kewl programs

what program do u guys use to delete programs off the computer??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
AppCleaner get it here:
AppCleaner

Clay

Welcome aboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
Monolingual... removes unnecessary languages and if I remember also printers from your OS. I removed almost 4GB of crap!

Cocktail - Download... a very usefeul maintenance utility for tweaking and cleaning your OS.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I love Cover Stream displays the artwork of the song playing in iTunes on your desktop.

C

chas_m

My favourite programs that didn't come included on my Mac are ACDSee (see my sig), Toast (makes all kinds of CD/DVD things), Disc Cover (makes labels and covers for my CD/DVD projects), Delicious Library (manage my records, books, DVDs and CDs), XPad (just a nifty little notepad) and Amadeus Pro (multitrack sound editor).

Some of these are free, some are not. All of them can be tried before buying, so if any sound interesting check em out!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.