Adium and Yahoo!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
I have been using Adium to comunicate with my family, but they use Yahoo! and when i transfer photos like "filename%2ejpg" (they use WinXP). I don't like Yahoo! Messenger for Mac and i really like Adium, does anyone has the same problem? any choices or solutions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
is there a problem stated? in my experience with YIM (Mac and XP), i have never gotten the file transfer thing to work. i usually end up emailing whatever i am trying to send.

J

Jefe3223

I think I know what he meant. Adium isn't too great at transfering files, this may be your problem (unless of course, I have misread the problem). Try signing on to ichat to send files. I know it's a pain, but sometimes you'll get a good file transfer on adium, sometimes not.

Reaction score
Hm.... start off by telling us your problem. That might help. but if indeed you are talking about file transfers through adium, then you should make sure there isn't a lot running for it crashed on your, or just doesn't start transferring

OP
mraya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
Thanks for the advise Jefe3223.
Well... yes the problem is file transfer... i thought i said that... the file name changes from pict2526.jpg to pict2526%2e when i send a file from Adium to Yahoo!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.