can't make an alias...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
ok, I have taken a lot of things out of my dock, and instead am using a folder with apps in it to access lesser used apps, I don't use keynote or pages at least every few days, so I anted to add it to the folder, I am adding aliases instead of moving or duplicating the apps, but for some reason, keynote and pages won't allow me to make aliases of them. I have repaired permissions, and checked the ownership on each and changed it all to read & write, but still no luck. any ideas?
I'm running os 10.3.9.

Reaction score
Odd. Been using folders in the dock for a while and never had problems with aliases. Just tried it and it worked fine. Have you tried DiskWarrior?

OP
Macman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
uh, not to sound rude, but why in the world would I use disk warrior? this is exactly why I get so many people calling saying:" I used disk warrior, now my mac won't start up". disk warrior is NOT a maintenance tool, well, it sort of is, but not like regular maintenance, not even like repairing permissions. the problem here is not with the folder, but with the iwork applications not allowing me to make aliases of them, I already have the folder in the dock with aliases of other apps in it, its just keynote 2 and pages that I can't make aliases of.

Reaction score
Wasn't classifying it as a maint tool. Have had problems with stuff before and it turned out to be a corrupt icon file or something like that inside the app. Sometimes DW can repair things like that in the dir structure. Hope I'm expressing myself right, sometimes not too good at explaining things.

Dont worry about sounding rude, I'm here to learn too.
Craig

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.