System Preferences HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, os x
HI:
I'm new here and hope someone can help me with a problem. I was online the other day, emailing etc. went off line....returned a few hours later but could not sign onto my isp. Got this message: pppd wants permission to use PPP Password item from your keychain. Do you want to allow. I called my ISP and they wanted me to go into my System Preferences - Network to check things out BUT I can not get there. I get this message from a drop box..."Your Network settings have been changed by another application...I clicked on OK but the drop box keeps coming down and I can not Quit. I have to Force Quit system preferences. Any suggestions. Please note that I am totally illiterate when it comes to computers. Thanks Bluebird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, os x
OH I did not think of that, thank you.
I have an iBook G4, Tiger OS X version 10.4.11 does that help?
I'll see if I can find the other posts too. Don't forget i'm not a computer guru so hope the advise is easy for me to follow too.

Thank you for replying.....bluebird.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Click those links provided in my first response. There is discussion there, plus further links to, for example, Apple, which has posted a solution.

I overcame (but couldn't cure) the problem by being very quick with the mouse to lock System Preferences immediately after pressing Return (for OK). As long as I don't try to change Network Prefs, I'm not bothered by the bug.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.