Can't download when clicking flash buttons

Reaction score
Since I upgraded to Snow Leopard I am having issues downing if the download button is flashed based. Most times I can right click and save as, but if the button is flash based it takes me to the link of the download but never down loads.

Example: at the very bottom of the link posted below the button says Download Software.
When I click the button it takes me to the link but it's just a blank page and the software never downloads.

Logitech Touch Mouse Server

Is there a fix for this or something I am doing wrong?

thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I just tried it and it worked for me, and it was just a normal download button using Firefox.
Anyway, try installing this and see if this fixes it.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks but that didn't help.

I use Safari but also tied Firefox with the same result.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
so, you say it's taking you to a link which is just a blank page instead of

So, what's it say in the address bar of that blank page?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
when i click the link you just put in (http://logitech-sjca.navisite.net/we...chmouse1.0.dmg) I actually get the image that I put in the previous post.... very bizarre.
I'm on it trying to work out what the .... is going on, as I've never seen this or heard of this before.
I'll post back when I can work it out.
Meanwhile, try logging in as a different user, and seeing if this is happening in another user account.

OP
M
Reaction score
I just posted that link as an example as it was the latest one I found and am finally getting around to asking how to fix this. This happened after I upgraded to snow leopard.

When I download things it usually opens the small Download window.

I don't know how/have never logged in as someone else. This Mac just boots up with no log in screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As for no log in screen, you must have automatic login (system preferences>account>login options) which I recommend against that for security reasons.

Getting back to it, I am suggesting that you create a new user account, log out of your account and into the new user account and see if the problem still occurs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have no issues here with Safari either.

You have opened up your Downloads folder and made sure it's not there?

OP
M
Reaction score
I did check the downloads folder. Nothing there.
this is a pretty odd issue and I am not sure what to do next.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
did you create a new account, log out of your account, and into the new account yet?

OP
M
Reaction score
I just tried that and got the same result.
How would my normal account (admin) not have access to everything? How would a different user account effect anything assuming the 1st account has admin rights?

Thanks for the help though :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Is this the ONLY thing that you have had trouble dling ??

OP
M
Reaction score
No, this is just the most recent. Since I installed SL I have gotten used to right clicking and download as. But some of the buttons are, I think, flash based and don't allow this. In the past I have had to find different software simply because I was unable to download what I was originally trying to download.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not that your admin account won't have access to everything.
A good troubleshooting technique when somethings just not behaving quite right, to see if there is a corrupt preference causing this, is to create a new account (normal or admin) and see if the problem is still there.

I'm not sure what to do next....... In googling I only managed to find one more thread of someone having the same issue, but with no solution.
Hopefully someone comes along with a solution soon.

OP
M
Reaction score
Good info, thanks.

I googled also but was not able to find much and was not sure what to use for keywords.

Think it's worth a trip to an Apple store?

Or maybe calling apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you are under warranty yes.... if not, I'd hold out and maybe someone here will come up with a fix. This forum has many switched on people, and I think there is a solution.
Did you have this problem when using leopard.
If not, did you do a clean install, or archive install when upgrading to SL?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hmm well what we do know is others, including me can dl this logitec thing.
Your user account is exactly the same and wont dl it.

Have you run repairs as yet ?? With disk utility ....

Once done log out and back in ... Then try it again...

Or try downloading it from THIS site .. Not logitec ..

OP
M
Reaction score
Pretty sure I didn't have the issue with Leopard.
And pretty sure I did an archive install. A clean install would have been wiping the HD clean and starting from scratch?

OP
M
Reaction score
I have not run repairs yet but am now.
Doing Permission verify and then I guess try repair disk permissions?

And it's not so much THAT software I must have as I have already found something else that works. It's more fixing this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.