I need help on External Hard Drive

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this.

I've been using WD My Book Pro (Green front light) with my i mac through apple router so that I can access this hard drive from my other PC.
I've been saving business documents on this hard drive for a while.

Yesterday I tried to access this hard drive but it wouldn't show up in the mac nor in PC.
It shows in Disk Utility if I put USB directly to iMac but it doesn't show in finder or desktop to access it.
I connected it directly to PC it shows in Device Manager but it won't show under My Computer.

Anyone having similar problem with WD product or external hard drive? If so How did you resolve it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15"MBP 2.66, 750GB 7200RPM HD, 8GB RAM; iPhone4S 64GB; 32GB iPad, White, AT&T.
My experience with these type drives have been similar. I avoid them when creating forensic images of suspect/source drives because of their failure rate.

I'm new to Mac's, however, in Windows, right click on my computer, and select manage. Towards the bottom, select disk management. This will at least give you a bit more information.

I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.