Is it easier to switch out the logic board or to switch out the screen?

Reaction score
So i have an 06 Macbook, that ran out of batteries one day and then when i tried to turn it on later, the sleep light would just come on and nothing else. It wouldn't go into firewire target mode, and it wouldn't boot if the cd, but eventually when trying to boot off the cd, the sleep light just started blinking and thats what it does now when i turn it on, and i thought that was the ram, so i have tried other ram, and still the same problem, so now my hard drive was taken out and put into the macbook i am using now, but theres another macbook sitting around and the black light does not work on it. and i was wondering how hard is it to take off a screen than put it back on. My friends think the reason my computer won't turn on is because of my logic board, and the spare computer has one, and we could switch it out with mine, so all in all, offer all your ideas, and is it easier to switch out the logic board or switch the screens?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So i have an 06 Macbook, that ran out of batteries one day and then when i tried to turn it on later, the sleep light would just come on and nothing else. It wouldn't go into firewire target mode, and it wouldn't boot if the cd, but eventually when trying to boot off the cd, the sleep light just started blinking and thats what it does now when i turn it on, and i thought that was the ram, so i have tried other ram, and still the same problem, so now my hard drive was taken out and put into the macbook i am using now, but theres another macbook sitting around and the black light does not work on it. and i was wondering how hard is it to take off a screen than put it back on. My friends think the reason my computer won't turn on is because of my logic board, and the spare computer has one, and we could switch it out with mine, so all in all, offer all your ideas, and is it easier to switch out the logic board or switch the screens?

You're sort of all over the place on this!

If the initial problem was "running out of batteries"...which is sort of a confusing statement in the first place...because no single MacBook runs on "batteries"!;)

But if the problem was the "battery" running out of charge...then that would have nothing to do with the MacBook's screen or it's logic board.

On the other hand...if the screen or the logic board are bad...then that probably doesn't involve the battery running out of charge.

If you could please explain things further & more coherently...that would help.

Thanks,

- Nick

OP
T
Reaction score
the battery just ran out of a charge and when i plugged it in, it wouldn't start. I know its not the battery. I was trying to explain what happened and what not. and i was asking a question also, so the question is, is it easier to change a logic board or to change a screen?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.