Issue Renaming Files

Reaction score
I'm having an issue renaming only certain files through my network.

I recently purchased a Mac Mini as a HTPC. I transferred the movies that I had on my MBP to the Mac Mini.

The Mac Mini is connected to the TV and I do not have a keyboard / mouse for it, so I'm using Screen Sharing to access it when it's needed. I also connect to the Mini in Finder if I want to transfer files.

I've set access allowing me to read and write on the Mini. Through Finder, I cannot rename some files; on those files when I pull pull up the 'Get Info' screen the file name is greyed out. Others files I can rename without an issue. When I access the Mini through screen sharing, it is the opposite; the files that I am able to rename through the finder on my MBP, I cannot rename when I'm on the Mini using screen sharing.

Does anybody know what is causing this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Could be permissions - while in Get info go further down window and select Permissions and see if u can change it to read write

OP
W
Reaction score
the permissions i have are correct - it is set for read and write. again some files i can change just fine and others i can't. all of the files are in the same folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.