5th Generation iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
When do you guys think the 5th generation iPod will come out? I really want to get an iPod, but I'm worried that a newer one may come out after I buy it. Hehe, I'm cautious since I bought an iMac a couple of weeks before they upgraded it. :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i personally dont think that there will be one before xmas as they changed the line up not too long ago.

Just go get one there wont be that much difference if they do

H

hill.ed

i think there will be new a new ipod out during summer for sure, and i reckon it will have a colour screen as standard. the ipod photo will become the ipod! thats my view anyway.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Mod note: placed in proper forum.

H

hill.ed

i think its 3rd or 4th... not sure. but yeah the fact that they now only make the 1 grey screen ipod makes me think that there working on something new

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
iPod photo is generation 1 of its model
The current iPod is the 4th generation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it might be nice if the ipod mini could get a color screen, but that would probably make it bigger, and thus no longer mini.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro (2010) 2.4Ghz, 4GB RAM
Dude i think your just gonna have to get it.Apple will constantly bring out new stuff. I bought a G5 1.6Ghz powermac last summer with matching Apple Display, and two weeks later they discontinued the 1.6Ghz powermac G5 and upgraded to new Apple Displays (at the same price as i paid),I just got over it and accepted it,it constantly happens

And now my G5 is broke :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
PowerBooks got updated at the end of january, about a week and a half after i got mine. just get the iPod; you'll never have the 'latest' for long because apple is going to come out with something new.

Reaction score
I think most of the people here are right. Just go out and purchase one now. I was worried about the same thing when I was preparing to purchase mine. But if you always have that attitude you'll never buy. You won't be dissapointed with the versions out now. I have been nothing but pleased with the iPods, and all my Apple products for that matter.

I just won an iPod mini at a graduation party, not sure what I am going to do with it yet. Best Buy may just give me store credit, I'd rather get cash back. :headphone

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.