G5 quad won't turn on

Reaction score
My G5 Quad ( late 2005 ) has decided to stop working.
After a couple of power cuts I tried to start the computer but it was completly dead, I took it in to a local repair centre who told me it was the power supply.
He changed it but it still doesn't work, only difference is it now has the little lights constantly on and there is a click noise when I press the power button.
Any Ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Still sounds like a power supply problem. Did you take it to an Apple repairer by chance or just a PC shop? Also did you ask the repairer if the PMU had been reset?

Reaction score
I keep seeing a lot of problems with power supplies in Power Mac G5's and early Mac Pro models. Errrrrr why, is my question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My G5 Quad ( late 2005 ) has decided to stop working.
After a couple of power cuts I tried to start the computer but it was completly dead, I took it in to a local repair centre who told me it was the power supply.
He changed it but it still doesn't work, only difference is it now has the little lights constantly on and there is a click noise when I press the power button.
Any Ideas?

My Guess is either your RAM has gone bad or your Motherboard took a hit...

I keep seeing a lot of problems with power supplies in Power Mac G5's and early Mac Pro models. Errrrrr why, is my question.

A-Poor quality control on the part of Apple.

B-These machines draw some large power when they boot/run. If the PS isn't up to the task (due to A or other reasons) they go bad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.