Trying to connect printer via Bluetooth

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac G4 OS 10.4.11
I have a Mac G4 running OS 10.4.11 and a Bluetooth enabled Epson RX595 all-in-one printer. For the past few days, I've been trying to set up wireless printing via Bluetooth.

When I run the Bluetooth Assistant Setup, the mac and printer are able to "discover" each other. When I click continue in the setup and wait for it to gather information on how to interact with the device, it feels like the printer stops communicating with the Mac. I can see the printer in the list of devices. When I click on it for info, it says there is no connection. (Before I setup the Bluetooth, the printer was connected to the Mac with a USB cable. So the printer is already listed in the print menu.)

So I'm stuck and not sure how else to proceed. I've tried restarting the computer. Then turning the printer off and turning it back on. I tried to find answers on blogs and other forums and haven't been able to find any solutions. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something like this and how to solve this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66GHz Core 2 Duo OS X Mavericks, MacBook Air 13" 1.86 GHz Core 2 Duo 2 Airport Extreme iPhone 5s
I have the same problem with a HP Officejet 6310 all-in-one. It shows on my iMac and the Bluetooth device flashes rapidly to say it is connected, but my iMac always says 'not connected'.
If you find an answer please let me know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.