How to transfer to new Hard Drive

Reaction score
I understand that this has been answered many times before, but I want to be ABSOLUTELY sure that I do this right the first time.
Background:
I have a eMac that runs pretty well with OSX 10.5.8 installed. It is installed on a 160 GB internal drive. I have a 500 GB drive that was in a MacBook running OSX 10.6. I erased the 500 GB drive, installed it in a USB external carrier from OWC. The eMac will not run Snow Leopard, not Intel capable.

End Game:
I want to transfer my 160GB to the 500GB drive, then swap out the 160GB and install the 500GB in the emac, thereby not interfering with the operation of the emac. How do I do this? Use the Migration Assistant? Ghost? What?

I appreciate any help with this issue.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Using Mac OS X on anything but a genuine Apple computer is violating the Apple license. No one here is going to assist.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.