How to take a screenshot in Snow Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Unibody 2.26 Dual, 2GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
How thanks? All of my google results come back "secret screenshots of Snow Leopard" lol from before it was released.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
the same you did in leopard, tiger, panther, jaguar, and probably 10.0 and 10.1 haha.

Command Shift 3 - whole screen
Command Shift 4 - selection
Command Shift 4 and then hit space bar - click on a window to snap a shot of that window

next time, just google "os x" - basic stuff like this doesn't change with every update of the OS!

Reaction score
How thanks? All of my google results come back "secret screenshots of Snow Leopard" lol from before it was released.

An old thread now, and you probably figured it out, but I'll put my 2 cents in.

Preview > File > Take Screen Shot.

If you use Grab, you have the additional option of "timed screen" (10 second delay) under the "capture" drop-down menu.

When I use Grab, after I save the file, it saves it in .tiff format and I seem to always have to open the file in preview and re-save it to .jpg or .png if I want to upload it.

Grab might save in other formats as well but I've been too lazy to check.

You could use a format conversion utility as well.

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 MBP 15 Inch, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I think this is easier:

Command + Shift + 4 at the same time and you get you a courser with a target...you can take screens of what ever area you like, whole page, small sections, etc. Try it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.