Navigon or MotionX GPS Driving?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I what people think is the best Navigation App. I have a standalone TomTom GPS System already, so I really don't want to get the TomTom App for iphone. I also don't like the layout of the TomTom GPS displays, their too plain.

I'm thinking on either getting the Navigon App or the Motion X GPS driving App. The price along is making me lean more towards the Motion X, plus it's ranked #1 in the App store for paid navigation apps.

What do you all use, what are your choices for best navigation apps for the iphone?

(I have a iphone 3gs)

Reaction score
Motion X just got an update and I like it even more now. Frankly I don't like the price of the other software and would rather when I need it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Motion X just got an update and I like it even more now. Frankly I don't like the price of the other software and would rather when I need it.

I bought Motion X and used it today on my way to work and i like it, especially the ipod feature. i know that the Navigon App has the ipod feature as well, but the Motion X ipod feature, I think is user friendly.

Reaction score
i like the motion x app. you can mark your waypoint and share it via email to several people or on facebook. it provides a link to a map to show where that way point is. it has a lot more features that I have not even looked at yet

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i like the motion x app. you can mark your waypoint and share it via email to several people or on facebook. it provides a link to a map to show where that way point is. it has a lot more features that I have not even looked at yet

Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

one of the down falls of this program is the maps. however you can download and store maps, but its not very clear on how to do it easily for larger areas at one time, like on a state level

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
one of the down falls of this program is the maps. however you can download and store maps, but its not very clear on how to do it easily for larger areas at one time, like on a state level

Which program are you talking about..Navigon or MotionX?

Reaction score
Motion X uses BING maps rather than loading them all at once. It downloads them as it needs them. The good news to this is that you never have to buy map updates.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.