• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

iPad (2nd generation?) to have Camera?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
agreed. I think itd be awkward to take pictures with.

I also dont care for video chat.

If I want to take a crappy picture I can use my iPhone, if I want to take a good picture I can use my good digital camera.

I havent at one time thought, I wish this thing had a camera about my iPad.

Again, really ? What's up with you people... Who's talking about taking pictures with it ? It's not FOR that ! It's for:

1. Video chatting . So ok.. YOU don't care for that feature. Good, don't use it !

Apps that could possibly utilize a camera or video cam ? Let's see:

1. Baby monitor app. Perhaps the iPad can be placed in a room and remotely stream video to your tv via some accessory that plugs into your stuff. Not very far fetched to be honest.

2. Motion sensor which triggers a connected device, such as say... a DSLR ?

Shoot, have to go. Probably could have thought of a few more apps which don't yet exist but have the potential TO exist with the assistance of an camera/video cam on the iPad. You know.. things that would totally set it apart from an iPod... Come on people, be imaginative.

Doug

Reaction score
integrated camera also went against iPad's design philosophy which is being able to use it upside down, right side left etc. So, I am assuming camera will be an accessory if every it hits on iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Something like the isight webcamera but for the ipad? I dunno about that.

Reaction score
Java must come!!

I for one would like to see....
1) JAVA !!!!
2) Camera
3) Chat

And in that order.

Whats the point of being able to view the WWW world and not be able get sites with java! There are a ton of sites that use it !
I`m waiting till at least java comes available before I buy!

Reaction score
Java is available... Isn't it. Are you perhaps talking about flash? Or am I horribly mistaken?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.