Windows xp disk doesn't work in vm ware fusion

Reaction score
i have a xp home edition that i know has been used twice. upon trying to install it, i was givin an error message:
Screenshot2010-02-02at103017PM.png

can anyone help? im not in the position to buy a new xp, nor do i want to get a pirated OS
Edit: i just realized this was an upgrade disk but i was able to do a clean install on an old dell

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Try cleaning the CD and maybe your superdrive. If the XP CD is a valid one that has been used before, it could be dirty or even scratched. You might also want to try cleaning the drive to make sure.

EDIT: I just caught the part about it being an upgrade disk. Fusion requires a FULL install disk be used as an upgrade disk can not be ejected during the install to provide proof of upgrade to the Windows installer. Looks like you need to buy a copy anyway.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.