Talking on Ipad?

Reaction score
I heard the new Ipad is connected to a 3G network, but will we be able to use it like a cellphone? I think if it has wifi connection then you can pretty much use Skype to make phone calls. Will the 3G be fast enough for the use of Skype? Has anyone try this yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I heard the new Ipad is connected to a 3G network, but will we be able to use it like a cellphone? I think if it has wifi connection then you can pretty much use Skype to make phone calls. Will the 3G be fast enough for the use of Skype? Has anyone try this yet?

you do know that the iPad hasn't been released yet .....right ? And if your referring to skype over 3g they haven't released it yet either .

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That 3G is referring only to the data connection, there is no voice plan to go along with it.

You can use Skype over Wi-Fi currently, and Apple has recently loosened the restriction of using VOIP over the 3G network, so it's possible that we'll see a Skype update that will allow for that functionality. If the iPad has a microphone (can't remember off the top of my head) then technically you should be able to place VOIP calls with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
I think if they built-in an iSight it would be pretty good for Skype, but who knows what will happen...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I dunno, seems like a webcam would be a big feature, certainly deserving of mention during the keynote. I'm thinking it's just the ambient light sensor. Would be pretty awesome if Apple had a bunch of features that weren't announced but will be available on release.

I want an iPad as it is. If it has iSight I'll want it even more! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.