Removing Community Satisfaction Banner.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Having completed the survey, why will it not go away and admins it should be set up so one cannot fill the survey in multiple times. The way it is simply invites dissatisfied members to make repeated posts, giving a possible false result to what must be an expensive survey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
i was i little disappointed to it not sending me back to Mac-Forums once i was done ... :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Or, there are people like me who didn't notice it. In fact, it took me a minute to find it.

OP
harryb2448
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Or, there are people like me who didn't notice it. In fact, it took me a minute to find it.

You be pulling my leg toMACsh? Main concern was some Mac downers may well complete the survey repeatedly to give false indication/s of satisfaction with Mac-Forums..

Reaction score

I didn't notice it either. In my defense, it is waaaay up there. I'm more of a centre of the screen person.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I think it will be found that one cannot complete the survey a second time. I base that on the fact that I had to accept a cookie from INET (normally I block all cookies until I know what they're for) in order to proceed. Your computer address will be logged with INET, and if you try to rig the survey, by completing it more than once, your attempt will be blocked. Here's hoping so I have neither intention to nor interest in testing the system btw.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I took the survey a second time. It seemed to accept my second round as graciously as my first, thanking me at the end.

It is a little annoying that there isn't a "go back to the forum" link on the thank you page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it on to the developer!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it on to the developer!

What they are saying is true. I have not tried to fill it out again but for sure it still displays after you take the survey. Another note is that in both Safari and Firefox using an Ad Blocker removes it. A friend did not even see it at first with Firefox because he had AdBlocking on.

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, I took the survey a second time. It seemed to accept my second round as graciously as my first, thanking me at the end.

Hi there,
Do you have a static IP address, or is it a dynamic one?
The reason I ask, is because if it's a dynamic IP address and you (for example) rebooted/restarted your modem/router, this would (in most cases) make you drop the IP address you had previously been using and your ISP would then assign you a new one.

Another reason that you were able to complete the survey multiple times is if you have recently cleared cookies, or you have your browser set to automatically do so when you quit it, therefore the site where the survey's hosted would not have a cookie to track.

OP
harryb2448
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well three weeks + later and I can still complete the survey a second or further times. One must question the effectiveness of such a survey.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Well three weeks + later and I can still complete the survey a second or further times. One must question the effectiveness of such a survey.

I actually question the whole point of the survey, not just obviously skewed results. Those who are regulars here know how and who to give the appropriate feedback to and eve the n00bs can see there is a feedback forum. This is just another reminder that this place is run the faceless glacial entity that is iNet. Frankly, if a corporation like iNet let something as simple as being able to take the survey multiple times slip past their web "experts" prowess, no wonder things never get done around here when they are involved....

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I actually question the whole point of the survey, not just obviously skewed results. Those who are regulars here know how and who to give the appropriate feedback to and eve the n00bs can see there is a feedback forum. This is just another reminder that this place is run the faceless glacial entity that is iNet. Frankly, if a corporation like iNet let something as simple as being able to take the survey multiple times slip past their web "experts" prowess, no wonder things never get done around here when they are involved....

Agreed, we'll bring it up to iNet. In the last couple of weeks, we've actually had a Product Manager assigned to us here that will probably be interested to hear about these kinds of issues. I'll let him know.

Reaction score
Agreed, we'll bring it up to iNet. In the last couple of weeks, we've actually had a Product Manager assigned to us here that will probably be interested to hear about these kinds of issues. I'll let him know.

We'll ensure that any future surveys conducted will disallow repeated submissions and redirect properly after completion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
We'll ensure that any future surveys conducted will disallow repeated submissions and redirect properly after completion.

Great thanks for the reply. It will keep our harry happy :)

Reaction score
Thanks for the update.

Hi there,
Do you have a static IP address, or is it a dynamic one?
The reason I ask, is because if it's a dynamic IP address and you (for example) rebooted/restarted your modem/router, this would (in most cases) make you drop the IP address you had previously been using and your ISP would then assign you a new one.

Another reason that you were able to complete the survey multiple times is if you have recently cleared cookies, or you have your browser set to automatically do so when you quit it, therefore the site where the survey's hosted would not have a cookie to track.

It doesn't seem to matter to the survey. Static or dynamic, cookies, or no, it still lets me take it as many times as I have the will to.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.