• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Recording my Xbox please help!!

Reaction score
Hey cool people with macs!

I made this thread because I'm looking for a capture card to record my xbox with. I already know of a few well known brands but all i ever see is 'Compatible with Windows Vista!' and there isn't ever a mention for mac users.
I currently have a JVC standard TV its not HD or Even a flat screen just a wide screen. A useful feature is the dubbing channel feature though. I have managed to get a scart plug thing with an output feature and I have a JVC DVL 9800 cam corder recording the xbox picture. Thats all nice but the quality is not worth the space it gobbles up on my Hard drive and the JVC camera is not compatible with my JVC TV... lol
Here are some pictures to help explain...
helpmeplz.jpg

please suggest a capture card that i can plug into this setup

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
Reaction score
There are alot of options for you - Do you use component cables?

Here are a few different ones to look at: (ALL WILL WORK WITH MAC)
1. Hauppauge HD PVR (high quality up to 1080i)
2. Blitz Box - mixed models so I attached a product guide - (mixture of quality and wireless option)
3. Blackmagic Video Recorder (Low quality 480p via AV cable & Good 720p via component cable)
4. Elgato Video Capture (Low quality AV cable 480p)

There are a few options for you to look into anyways. :)
I would assume that the blackmagic video recoder would be more what your after and it's actually cheap at $149.00 (US) so I have attached a review for you aswell.

I've been looking into all this for weeks on end trying to find a way to record from my ps3 without elminating the use of my hdmi leads and only just recently found out how to do it and while looking for the answer I stumbled onto all of these ones so I thought I'd post em up and save you the trouble. ;)

Kind Regards, Trev. (T-BILLIONS) ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.