Problem with Quick Look

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8 2.66GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 27"
I'm having problems viewing with Quick Look in the Finder.

If I click on a folder, press the spacebar -- it merely displays an icon image.

Should I download a plugin?

I am using Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.2

Any suggestions anyone?

Reaction score
This is how I thought it was supposed to go. I can't see folders in Quick Look either. Maybe someone knows more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
My understanding is that if want to see what is in a file then selecting it and hitting space bar gives a preview of that file. Displaying folder contents can be selected here;

Click for full size

The icon on the right gives Cover flow and thumbnails of files in that folder.

Reaction score
I'm having problems viewing with Quick Look in the Finder.

If I click on a folder, press the spacebar -- it merely displays an icon image.

Should I download a plugin?

I am using Snow Leopard OS X 10.6.2

Any suggestions anyone?

If you select a Folder it will only display an image of a "Folder" in the "quick look" window when you have "quick look" open because there is nothing to look at yet until you go "into" the folder.

If you go "into" the folder, and have the icon selected on the left of the image that Collin posted, it will show you thumbnails of your files in the original window. You can change the size of these thumbnails using the view options.

If you select on one of those files it will show you an enlarged image of the file in the "quick look" window if you have "quick look" selected. If the file is a video, it will begin playing in the quick look window.

You can use the down and up arrow keys to rapidly scroll through the files and it will display/play them in the quick look window.

Hope that helps a little.

finder quick look.jpg

OP
timeferret
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X, Version 10.6.8 2.66GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 27"
Thanks folks.
Sussed it out now. I had the understanding that if we clicked on a folder and spacebar we could view the contents.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can view the contents of a folder using QuickLook (sort of). You can enable QL's "X-ray" folders feature. See here for more info. To relaunch the Finder after executing the defaults command, simply type "killall Finder" (without the quotes) and press enter in the Terminal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.