Logic Software Instruments vs. External Programs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac - 2.8 GHz Core Extreme, 4 GB RAM, 2 TB RAID Array
A little background first: I have my own apartment band and I've been looking to get a small EP out in the GTA.

I've had quite a bit of success using Logic Studio to record my acoustic/electric guitars and my vocals, but for some of my songs I've been looking for drum tracks. Thus, I tried to use Logic's software instrument capabilities to create basic beats by using my keyboard.... Not a chance, it turns out; it's almost impossible to stay on beat for an entire song.

Does anyone have any suggestions for an external drum machine program that works well with Logic Studio?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 11,2 <--DAW!!!
You won't need a drum machine. Audio Quantize in Flex Time is your best friend for staying on beat in Logic.

From the Apple website: "Audio Quantize lets you fix the timing of an entire performance in one step, aligning notes and beats to a musical grid. Want to match your bass line to the feel of your drums? You can transfer the rhythmic feel of one track to another by creating a Groove template from the source track and applying it as a grid."

Logic 9: Tips for phase-locked drum edits

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.