Dead spot in monitor

Reaction score
Hello - I have a dead spot in the center of my monitor where my curser disappears. Icons and everything else is still there. I can even activate and click on icons by "guessing" the curser location. It's a space about 6 inches square in the center of ONE of my screens (not both). I have swapped out monitors so I know it's not a monitor problem. I swapped out my mouse so it's not that. Could it be my video card?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Is this just on the Desktop, or in applications too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Hello - I have a dead spot in the center of my monitor where my curser disappears. Icons and everything else is still there. I can even activate and click on icons by "guessing" the curser location. It's a space about 6 inches square in the center of ONE of my screens (not both). I have swapped out monitors so I know it's not a monitor problem. I swapped out my mouse so it's not that. Could it be my video card?

seems like you said it's only on 1 of your screens, so that rules out a video card error

strangely I would never think about using a different mouse :D

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

You're going to have to provide more detail. Which monitor has the dead spot? Are you referring to your internal display or an external monitor? You state "ONE of my screens". Which one? Or are you somehow running two external monitors?

I would rule out the video card if the symptom is only showing up on one of the monitors.

Model and year of your Mac will also help.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.