• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple may have stopped producing the 27" iMac

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A bit misleading. They have temporarily stopped production until they can figure out what's causing the flickering.

Maybe it's because we owe China so much money? :$

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is actually a good move. Apple is actually trying to fix the root cause of the problem instead of doing what other manufacturers do and simply sweep it under the rug. Though it does lead to some questioning of Apple's quality control, why was something like this not caught before the product went to market?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro|MacBooks|iPhones|iPods|iPad
well i am getting a new one of these via UPS tomorrow...hope i don't have to send it right back! bad timing as i didn't hear anything until after i ordered it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
well i am getting a new one of these via UPS tomorrow...hope i don't have to send it right back! bad timing as i didn't hear anything until after i ordered it.

The odds are vastly in your favor. We don't have any idea what the percentage of failure is, but remember that this is a very expensive top-end model, so naturally anyone who gets a bad one is going to object. And remember that few people who are having a good experience will post, whereas a far larger percentage of those who have problems will want to express their opinion.

As a contrast, our school district received 600 new PCs for the year and 1 in every 22 had a problem. I considered that to be a total lack of quality control, but nobody else was concerned about it, including the manufacturer!

Reaction score
The odds are vastly in your favor. We don't have any idea what the percentage of failure is, but remember that this is a very expensive top-end model, so naturally anyone who gets a bad one is going to object. And remember that few people who are having a good experience will post, whereas a far larger percentage of those who have problems will want to express their opinion.

As a contrast, our school district received 600 new PCs for the year and 1 in every 22 had a problem. I considered that to be a total lack of quality control, but nobody else was concerned about it, including the manufacturer!

Wait! Don't tell me...Dell? Or HP?

My school district just won a grant award from HP last summer, the crummy PC's are trickling in at IT, as are the somewhat decent "net-tablets" we've been using for mobile classroom labs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2014 i5 5k 32gb 1tb fusion, second TB display, 2014 MBA
Reaction score
Hello, Well i have a 27" imac and have not had any problems with the flickering screen issue but i would be really annoyed if it started to play up.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.