Help transferring music from external hd to Ipod

Reaction score
Hi,

My powerbook g4 has 3.67 gigs available. Over 60 gigs of music is stored on my external hard drive. All I want to do is transfer my 60 gigs of music from my external hard drive directly to my Ipod.

It seems the only way to do this is to tediously transfer about 3 gigs of music to my itunes, sync, delete from my computer and continue the process over and over till all my music is on my Ipod. This is too much annoying work. I would rather find another way.

There has to be a way to simply transfer my 60 gigs from my external hard drive to my 160gb Ipod Classic.

Is there any software, hacks, or tricks to make the transfer? Any help would make my day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
You could mount the iPod as a disk image and then drag and drop the music to the appropriate folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB SDRAM, 250GB/WD 320GB MyBook/WD 320GB MyPassport, OS X 10.6.2
My iTunes library is on an external HD. I move this among various computers. When I open iTunes after connecting the hard drive, I hold option as it starts up. I select "Choose Library," and click the iTunes library on the external HD. (I named this library "iTunes library 2" so I wouldn't confuse it with the default library).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.