wireless printing issues

Reaction score
just bought a kodak wireless printer today as my old one has finally bit the dust.

so im trying to hook it up wirelessly, it searches for my wireless routers internet signal and finds it then asks me to enter the security string (which i assume is my routers password) i do and it trys to connect but is anable to!

i dont know what else to do because ive entered my password correctly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 10.7.2, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD; iPhone 4S 16GB
Your password is probably case sensitive. Make sure you aren't putting it in all caps or all lowercase if it shouldn't be (my printer defaults to all caps and I need switch to lowercase when I want it).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
How about connecting it up with USB first and doing a test to make sure you have driver for it installed correctly, then get into connecting wirelessly. Having both a wireless printer and wired printer to select from in Sys Prefs > Printer & Fax means that you have a fall back in case of trouble further down the track.

OP
A
Reaction score
QUOTE:

How about connecting it up with USB first and doing a test to make sure you have driver for it installed correctly, then get into connecting wirelessly. Having both a wireless printer and wired printer to select from in Sys Prefs > Printer & Fax means that you have a fall back in case of trouble further down the track.

it didnt come with a usb but i ordered one, just hope it works!
and my pasword isnt in caps neither is my printer.

OP
A
Reaction score
k so the caps thing was the problem! gah im so stupid but i still have huge problem!! my computer recoginzes the printer but it doesnt have a driver or printer model for my kodak ESP 5250 so i cant print anyhting!

so frustrating because i ordered a cable also and now i dont even know if that will work with it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 10.7.2, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 500GB HD; iPhone 4S 16GB
Is your printer Mac compatible? It probably came with some kind of software to install the drivers. If not, check the Kodak web site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.