Alright, here's a long one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Okay, so I have a few questions. I have Photoshop Elements and my friend wants to borrow the CD, download it to his computer. Problem is, my version is for my PC (I know, ew) and he has a Macbook Pro. Can he just run Boot Camp and use it from there? Also, will my serial key work for him? Is the CD multi-use?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
any Windows software will work on a Mac when using Boot Camp ... wether it's legal to use your cd key is a whole another matter ...

OP
M
Reaction score
Eh. I'm not going to justify his actions, especially because I agree it probably isn't legal, but he's a nice guy who just wants to play around in the program.

So it will work. That's interesting. If it was a Mac version of Photoshop Elements, would it work on her Mac any better? Would it work at all?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
the term Boot Camp is commonly used for a dual-boot Windows system, that's why it would run exactly as it does on your system

a Mac version of Photoshop Elements would be installed in the primary (presumably) Mac OS X and would work just as well as the Windows version under Windows, might just look a bit different

it would be more convenient to get a Mac version since you don't have to reboot into Boot Camp
(and I won't get into virtual os here)

funny, you refer to your friend once as him and once as her :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
I have the mac version of PSE 8 and it works great, but if you have a PC version and your friend has a copy of windows (for bootcamp) there's no significant reason for him(her?) to spend the extra cash on the mac version of photoshop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
I have the mac version of PSE 8 and it works great, but if you have a PC version and your friend has a copy of windows (for bootcamp) there's no significant reason for him(her?) to spend the extra cash on the mac version of photoshop.

You mean other then that liscensing thing ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Probably is not legal? Surprised mods have left this running as we don't like pirates!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
No discussion of Piracy is allowed here at Mac Forums. It's illegal and against USA Law and therefor against the forum rules.

I closed the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.