4 finger gestures are not working

Reaction score
any way i can enable them, if they are disabled, or reset the settings or something?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
If in fact, they are disabled you can go into System Preferences > Trackpad and check the boxes under 4 Fingers.

Were they working yesterday and not today? Sometimes if your fingers dry out the trackpad won't recognize the touch. Just moisturize your hands.
Or if they are "slimy", the trackpad has problems registering your touch. Wipe your hands off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
If the gesture suddenly stopped working without you turning off the feature then it's been a reported problem by users on the Apple official forums. Not everyone is having the problem and it seems to happen randomly. I have this problem occasionally with 3 and 4 finger gestures not working from start up. What I have to do is either restart the computer or log out and log back in. Hopefully this problem will be fixed in the next OS update. The problem started to happen for me after I did an update about the Airport card or something related to Airport.

OP
D
Reaction score
If in fact, they are disabled you can go into System Preferences > Trackpad and check the boxes under 4 Fingers.

Were they working yesterday and not today? Sometimes if your fingers dry out the trackpad won't recognize the touch. Just moisturize your hands.
Or if they are "slimy", the trackpad has problems registering your touch. Wipe your hands off.

yea i don't think there's a check box for 4 finger gestures under the trackpad settings. there's just a demo video of how it works when you put your cursor over it.

and yea the gestures were working fine up until like 2 days ago. i don't think my fingers are messed up lol. 2 and 3 finger gestures work fine, and just to make sure i used 3 fingers on the right hand and 1 finger on my left and expose and 'hide all windows' don't work.

restarting my mac doesn't help =\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
yea i don't think there's a check box for 4 finger gestures under the trackpad settings. there's just a demo video of how it works when you put your cursor over it.
I have two check boxes for 4 finger gestures. One is for Expose and the other is for switching applications. Do you have the older laptops or do you have the newer unibody ones?

and yea the gestures were working fine up until like 2 days ago. i don't think my fingers are messed up lol. 2 and 3 finger gestures work fine, and just to make sure i used 3 fingers on the right hand and 1 finger on my left and expose and 'hide all windows' don't work.

restarting my mac doesn't help =\
Try going to the Apple icon in the top left corner and logging out and then log back in. That usually works for me. Restarting doesn't always work for me either.

OP
D
Reaction score
i have a unibody macbook.

loggin out n in didn't work either haha.

Reaction score
Mine did this for the 1st time after watching a dvd on Saturday night. Only 2 finger scroll worked . I restarted it and it worked fine again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro

Does this look familiar?

trackpad.jpg

BTW, Doesn't matter if you have unibody or pre-unibody. Depends on your OS. :)

OP
D
Reaction score
i'm runnin 10.5.8
and there aren't boxes to check under 3fingers and 4 fingers o.o

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook, 2.1Ghz C2D, 1GB RAM, 500Gb HDD, OSX Leopard 10.5.8
i am running 10.5.8 and i don't see this option, i have the old trackpad option screen still with only 2 finger options

Reaction score
Does this look familiar?

trackpad.jpg

BTW, Doesn't matter if you have unibody or pre-unibody. Depends on your OS. :)

That is not the problem >.< Mine is not working and look at my settings.

As I did this the trackpad started working again. Try to go with the pointer to every corner of the screen. It may help. That's what happened with me, even though I'm not sure that's why it started working again

Screen Shot 2013-01-02 at 12.38.25 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.