Entourage

K

kabwon

OK i have now started using entourage becuase it looks nice, there are a couple things i want to know.

how syncable is it with a phone (calendar, addressbook etc)
how do i change the new mail sound? i dont want to use the ones they have

Also, how do i make that Entourage uses my apple addressbook and not its own, id rather se the Apple one for syncability issues? Please help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
1. It's not syncable, you'll have to purchase something like "Sync Entourage-Address Book" which is an applescript which you can find on http://www.macupdate.com and then use iSync to sync your phone, etc or another program called e2Sync which is pretty awesome and works right in iSync.

2. As for sounds, in the Entourage help when searching for sound it says:

1. On the Entourage menu, click General Preferences.
2. Click the Notification tab.
3. Under Sounds, do any of the following:
• To change the sound set, click the sound set you want on the Sound set pop-up menu.
• To turn a sound on or off, select or clear the check box next to the sound.
Tip To preview a sound before turning it on or off, click Preview Sound button next to the sound.

You'll need to download songs and put them in your Documents / Microsoft User Data / Entourage Sound Sets folder.

I am using 2004 Entourage so if you are using a newer version then I would suggest that you go up to the Help menu and do some searches there.

OP
K

kabwon

im using 2004 myself, thought that was the newest version ??
i have figured out the sounds, just need to know how to use the external address book instead of the entourage one. the only reason why i am using entourage is because of the eye-candy. i dont want to use the calender or the address book, im using ical and address book from apple. Is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Sorry I meant that I have Entourage X, not 2004, sorry about that.

If you are using all of Apple's stuff why are you using Entourage then? At this point if you want to sync the address book with entourage then you'll need to use one of those two programs that I outlined above.

OP
K

kabwon

i found a way to sync entourage with address book and i prefer ical to the calendar in entourage.. im using entourage becuase it's eye-candy, applemail looks boring. it really does.

OP
R

Ryanstech

I despise Entourage, sure it looks pretty but all the good looks and shiny little features don't make up for the database corruption, random quiting, calendar timing issues and the fact that Microsoft Office for the mac will never be as good as Office for PC. Mozilla (http://www.mozilla.org/) has a great looking email client Thunderbird that has almost everything Entourage has to offer.

OP
M

malb0gia

I have a problem with Microsoft Entourage 2004 for Mac. Every time the notification thingie apears i get errors. I can't type or use common shortcuts in Entourage. Please help me if you know how.
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
kabwon said:
i found a way to sync entourage with address book and i prefer ical to the calendar in entourage.. im using entourage becuase it's eye-candy, applemail looks boring. it really does.

can you post the details?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.