Both mail accounts appearing in the same inbox

Reaction score
Hi, this is my first posting and to be one of many!

My first problem is with Mac Mail. I have two mail accounts and collect both of them using MacMail. In my MacMail, the two mail accounts show as separate boxes under 'Inbox'. However, instead of each of the addressed mail coming into their appropriate mail boxes, they come into the one box. Why is this? Should it not be that they come into their separate boxes? I have worked like this for months now but I really need to get things sorted. I know it is something I have or haven't done...

The other issue I have now is that I also collect my mail on my iphone. All my emails come into the one box there too. Also, I have noticed I have been receiving some emails on my iphone but they are not coming into my Mac. Why would this be? They don't even appear on my Mac once I forward them from my phone.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As long as you select (highlight) Inbox, it will show you all mail.

If you want to read your mail based on which account it was received, then select the individual account listed under Inbox.

Don't use mail on my iPhone.

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for your help. The problem is that my messages aren't being distributed into their individual folders below the inbox, they are all coming into the top level inbox. I know it must be the way I have set up mail i.e. possibly the incoming mail server but I am not sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
So when you click on the individual box for Mail A, nothing shows up in there but when you click the main "Inbox" it all shows up there along with those from Mail B? Same for Mail B as well?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.