Switch Audio Converter Issues

Reaction score
Switch works great on my laptop, but on my G4 tower running 10.4.11, it refuses to encode mp3s. Can't find what the issue is. I'd use a different program, but I can't find one that's simple and doesn't drop tag info.

OP
K
Reaction score
Is reconverting audio files conflicted by multi-talking? Does it matter how hard you work your machine while it does it in the background? Or should you give it devoted attention like when you're burning discs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
The answer to that is in Activity Monitor. With it open, try a sample track to see how much processing power is being used while you're also working other applications, eg. browser.

A G4 never went past 1.42 GHz, and if you're running hungry applications, eg. Flash-related, then audio conversion might well struggle. I've not noticed lag or crash with Sound Converter with this 1.25 eMac, although it can take a long time to go, for example, from a large .aifc to .mp3.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.