Fusion 3 Question Please...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.66GHz / 4GB / 320GB / Matte 15"
I'm preparing to install WMware Fusion 3 & Win XP Pro SP3 from a new retail OEM system builders disk.
Before I do, I wanted to ask if there is any downside of great significance? Setting aside how it operates and all, my main concern is if it turns out I want to remove it to bring my Mac back to its "new out of the box" condition is this easy to do?
Any other tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks !
*New Unibody MBP 2.66/4GB/320@7200/15" antiglare.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" & Mini G4
I think you are asking if VMWare is an easy and clean uninstall. If so, then the answer is yes.

From the built-in Fusion 3 Help:
Uninstall VMware Fusion
You can uninstall VMware Fusion from the Finder.

Prerequisites
Power off or suspend all running virtual machines and quit VMware Fusion.

Note
In rare circumstances, the operating system in a virtual machine can quit unexpectedly in a way that leaves some virtual machine processes running. This situation can prevent you from upgrading or uninstalling VMware Fusion. In this case, the installation or uninstallation Assistant might display a message indicating that you cannot install or uninstall VMware Fusion. To work around this problem, you can use the Mac OS X Activity Monitor to force virtual machine processes to quit. If the operating system quits while in Unity view, you must also close the icons in the dock before an upgrade or uninstallation can proceed.​

Procedure
In the Finder, open the /Library/Application Support/VMware Fusion folder , and double-click Uninstall VMware Fusion.
When you are prompted to confirm, click Uninstall.
Enter your administrative password to begin the uninstallation.
When the uninstallation is complete, a confirmation message appears.

What to do next
If you installed the MacFUSE file system implementation programs during VMware Fusion installation, you must remove it separately from the VMware Fusion uninstallation process.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Excellent! You answered my question perfectly. Thanks for the detailed response, now I can proceed with the peace of mind that there will be no detrimental effect in the rare event I choose to perform an uninstall.
Cheers... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13" & Mini G4
You're welcome. Enjoy Fusion... it's a pretty elegant package, in my opinion.

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, everthing I've read suggests that Fusion 3 is a top choice. Ideally I'd like to run XP Pro as I'm tied to Outlook for business, & easily synching my BlackBerry. I also want to be able to run a few Linux distros. Thus I believe this is the best solution to fit my needs.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Cheers...

OP
W
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Everything I've read suggests that Fusion 3 is a top choice. I plan to run XP Pro since I must use Outlook, and a few vertical market windows apps for work. Then I want the ability to run a few different distros of Linux. Thus, this seems like a good way to go. Being able to move around between them without re booting is a huge benefit. I've used PowerBooks years ago and love the new OS X operating system.
Thanks again for your assistance.
Cheers...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.