Validation code for Windows XP

Reaction score
I finally got Windows XP professional, and Boot Camp installed on my Mac. Working very well...

My question is now Windows is asking for the validation code. This copy of windows came with my old Dell PC. The only code I have is the key code for the pc. (Which isn't working!)

The disk came with the pc, and there isn't any validation code on the envelope.
Can anyone jelp me with this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 4GB RAM, 250GB HD
Do you still have the same copy of windows installed on the dell?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You're not supposed to install copies that came from OEM machines like Dell, Sony, etc. Those keys are tied to those specific machines and are not transferable. Doing so would be in violation of the Microsoft and in your case, the Dell EULA.

It is Mac-Forums policy not to encourage such discussions and as such, we are bound to direct you to purchasing a copy of Windows that can be used on your Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh well be ready for Microsoft disabling XP as an illegal copy then and as Kash suggested buy a copy of XP.

OP
S
Reaction score
First of all let me apologize. I did not realize when I initially posted this message that it was illegal to use the OS disk on another computer. (Slow, but learning!) I will be contacting MS to purchase a validation code. Again, I apologize.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No need to freak out, it's not actually illegal. However, I am quite surprised you managed to get Windows installed using the discs that came with your Dell. Those discs are usually designed to only be installed on their respective machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.