Desktop remote access apps give your iPad full OSX/Windows/anything else

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I saw this in a thread and mentioned it in others, but I think it's a potential feature that people would really want to know more about as it alleviates several software drawbacks of the iPad.

LogMeIn, Citrix and a variety of other apps already allow iPhone/Touch users the ability to use their home computer remotely almost as if they were sitting right in front of it. I doubt video runs very smoothly, but everything else should be pretty usable.

Are there any current users of this kind of app on an iPhone or Touch that care to comment on their capability? I've heard there are security issues with these apps as well. I think any wireless communication runs that risk, but just how risky is this function?

I'm thinking of downloading one for myself just to see how well it works on my iPhone. It's it's half decent on such a small screen, it's probably more than satisfactory on a 10" screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I use LogMeIn and am happy with it. When its used via 3G its pretty choppy and can be slow at times but what can you expect? When its used on wifi its pretty quick with only slight delays to real time.

As far as video I have not tried to use LogMeIn via my phone and tried a video.

The one down fall to LogMeIn is you can't use this program if your computer is sleeping or off.

Oh and with the new iPad this program will as you said basically turn your iPad into a full blown computer. Not too sure how video will play into the story though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
I use VNC on my iPhone. I don't really use it for much. The only thing I use it for is for checking status of a really long download or file conversion, something of that nature. I only use it while on the same network. I really can't imagine wanting to edit video or anything like that on an iPad. I still want one for doing things like email and surfing though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.