How do I resize images in iPhoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
I poked around a bit, and can't seem to figure this out. This software has lots of features that are more advanced than resize, so I assume it is in there somewhere.

I had planned on buying Aperture or Photoshop Elements at some future date, but they are pretty expensive for what I need.

I used to use Irfanview for PC. Great program. Simple, cheap, I even bought a registered copy for $20 to support Irfan. (that's the guy's name) I'll have to look at whether it'll work on Mac, but I doubt it.

Thanks.

OP
JeremyZ
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 13", 4th gen Touch
I found a little slider at the bottom that seems to resize, but I don't know how many pixels it is. (I'm trying to make a new avatar) I don't know if it is actually resizing the image or just making it appear smaller...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
I don't use iPhoto that much, but I know you can change the size of a picture using Preview, and it's actually very simple

open up your picture with Preview and go to Tools/Adjust size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Do you want to permanently resize them? It's not really possible in iPhoto itself. Better to use third party software, which you drag the photo's into and choose the size you want.
If so then the best program is this:

Apple - Downloads - Imaging & 3D - OSX Image Resizer

Easy to use, and copes with batch re-sizeing admirably.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.