Bootcamp Drivers for XP?

Reaction score
I have a 13.3 inch unibody aluminum macbook (late 2008) with the 2.0 GHz intel core 2 duo cpu (running 0S 10.5.8) I want to install xp on my macbook to use certain windows software, but i have done some research and i have found that i need the cd that came with my computer for drivers when i install windows. I have misplaced the cd, do i need it, and if so can i buy/download the drivers that i need.

please help me, and thanks ;D

Reaction score
You can download the latest BootCamp (3.1) on Apple's web site, but I'm not sure if it will work with your 10.5.8. If not, you can purchase the SnowLeopard upgrade DVD (IIRC it's around USD$30.00) and all the drivers are on there. After the upgrade, then you can apply the BootCamp 3.1 update.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24 '' I-MAC, 4GB, GT130, XP Pro SP3
Hmm...

You need to order a new copy of the OS.X version you have on your Macbook from Apple. This will contain the bootcamp drivers.

If you have "Proof of purchase" you might even get a discount or for free.

Regards,
Coolknight

OP
T
Reaction score
thanks for the help, how would i go about getting a replacement disc from apple

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yes, you should call Apple and request a replacement set of discs. You should have them and will need them for other things beside the BootCamp drivers.

In the meanwhile, after you have Windows installed, download and install the BootCamp 3.1 drivers. You need no disc for that.

FYI: Your version of OS X has no bearing whatsoever on BootCamp 3.1 since it is not installed in OS X. This is a set of Windows drivers / mini-app and is installed in Windows only. It is separate from and has nothing to do with the application BootCamp Assistant that is installed in OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.