iSync - installed .Mac but now I need iSync for my Pocket PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3 MacBook Air 1.7 i5 - also, Mac Mini and dead 12in iBook G4 (RIP)
Hmmmmmm...

So, after much head-scratching, I have finally bought a new SmartPhone, namely an O2 XDAIIi...

Although Apple does not support the phone, I bought The Missing Sync, which allows me to sync with my iBook...

... if I have iSync.

Which, apparently, I now don't, because I have taken up the 60-day .Mac trial, without realising that it would murder the innocent (and, it seems, critical - for me) iSync as it slept.

How do I get rid of .Mac and rescue my poor little iSync???

As a real newbie, I am still workinmg out how to simple fiddles on my iBook and have no idea where to start.

It's a1.2GHz G4 iBook, 256Meg RAM, installed Panther upgraded to Tiger...

Any ideas???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook C2D 2.4 2GB
ISync wont sync with PocketPC, but there are other options, follow this links and make your choice. I have a PockePC but i don't sync it with my iBook, to transfer files i use a SD card reader.

PocketMac
The Missing Sync

The Missing Sync is the only option i found on Apple's website, so i would say is the one they "aprove", but PocketMac can be bought in modules from less than $20.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mraya said:
ISync wont sync with PocketPC, but there are other options, follow this links and make your choice. I have a PockePC but i don't sync it with my iBook, to transfer files i use a SD card reader.

PocketMac
The Missing Sync

The Missing Sync is the only option i found on Apple's website, so i would say is the one they "aprove", but PocketMac can be bought in modules from less than $20.

Thanks - I have paid for The Missing Sync, which is the answer to my prayers - once I can get rid of .Mac and return to iSync...

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EvoMac said:

Ah....

now, as a long-time PC user, it didn't occur to me that this might be possible...

usually, unless you can hunt down and destroy EVERY single element of a programme, trying to re-install something the update killed (like your entire OS for instance, as often happens with MS Critical Updates) just doesn't work...

I will try to reload iSync and see what The Missing Sync makes of that...

Cheers :mac:

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
EvoMac said:

**** !! Tried re-installing it bit a dialog box said i couldn't install iSync 1.5 because there was a newer version on my Hard Drive...

Can I install it anywhere else or do I need to hunt down all the .Mac components (which I haven't used anyway) and destroy them to be able to re-install??

E

EvoMac

Just move the current iSync to the trash (will delete the program). Then install the version from the web. Don't worry about any of the other .mac programs it shouldnt interfere with the iSync install

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.