Coconut Battery

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
Just a quick question about coconut battery as I've never used it before. I ran it on my mb today and it tells me the age of my mb is 3 months, I've only had it for two days and theres only 4 cycles on the battery and yes I calibrated it when I first brought her home, just wondering why it says its 3 months?

Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 8.57.56 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Well i tried and thought i liked CB when i first got my MB, but with more research and some statements from some wise people on here, i got rid of it.
Its not worth the husk it comes in.
You will get better info from clicking
>about this Mac>more info>power

Get rid of it while you are still sane lol ;P

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini (late 09) 2.26, 2 gb, 160, 1 tb hitachi 7200 ext hdd. Macbook 2.26, 4 gb, 360 hdd 3G Iphone
Well i tried and thought i liked CB when i first got my MB, but with more research and some statements from some wise people on here, i got rid of it.
Its not worth the husk it comes in.
You will get better info from clicking
>about this Mac>more info>power

Get rid of it while you are still sane lol ;P

Ya I think I might just do that lol, according to the sys profiler it says the batt condition is normal, so I think I will be ok with that. Still kinda disturbed me seeing an app call my two day old mb 3 months old lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Still kinda disturbed me seeing an app call my two day old mb 3 months old lol.

Yep that in itself isnt right ..... lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
as I said in your post in the thread... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/182042-battery-question-3months-old-87-a.html
because your MB was released 3months ago :)

I dont understand that 6string ?? Sorry mate for sounding daft ... But my MB was released in early 09 and when i used CB it was right on the money, saying its was 3 months old when in reality it was 3 months old .. From the time i 1st switched it on from when i bought it 4mnths after release ..
Just curious about that is all????
DaftMe ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I mean by 'from the date of manufacture'.... so I'm guessing that yours was in your hands pretty much immediately after it was manufactured. So even if it was released 4months earlier, your actual machine may have been built just before you got it.
Mine is 27months according to CB but in actual fact I've had it for 26, which was one month after the release/and manufacture.
Maybe I'm the daft one, but that's how I worked it all out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
to test my theory, you can use your serial number, and put it in Klantenservice: Serienummers

Get back to me, I'd be interested to hear the results!
:)

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
According to that mine would be accurate I believe

Screen shot 2010-01-30 at 10.38.38 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yep.... it backed up my theory, and I have a feeling that TattooedMac will come back with the same results for his machine :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ill eat my words ... Munchity Munchity :Grimmace: Aarrrgghhhh lol

Mate sorry to put you through that haw haw ;P

20100131-pac1cwg77ei4n3ddpkkca582jd.jpg

Thank you though as well.... I learn something everyday on here

Thumbs up

EDIT: Mind you looking @ the CB my Battery is in pretty good condition Considering lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's all good... I learn something new here every day too, and my batterie's rockin still, esp considering the load cycles.

As for the discrepancies between different battery charge stat apps, I don't know what to say about that :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looking at those 2 I would be happy with Coconut Battery 2.6.5 over the other any day ... :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It be a lot happier if Apple gave us battery replacements for the life of our Macs
(or Mac replacement for the life of our batteries.... whichever came first) LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
Just a quick question, with the screenshot 6string posted, where can I find the information on the right?
And how can you stop your battery from loosing its capacity? And also, I know I probably shouldnt be posting this here, but I get my macbook tomorrow, do I have to wait for it to fully charge before I turn it on? Or can I just plug it into the wall and then turn it on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Just a quick question, with the screenshot 6string posted, where can I find the information on the right?
And how can you stop your battery from loosing its capacity? And also, I know I probably shouldnt be posting this here, but I get my macbook tomorrow, do I have to wait for it to fully charge before I turn it on? Or can I just plug it into the wall and then turn it on?

what 6string posted is just another application like CoconutBattery
did the google for you:
Battery Health Monitor (Mac) - Download

and you can't stop your battery from loosing power, with every cycle and charge it slowly looses power and yes, eventually will go bust

however, you don't need to worry that much about it, will make you go nuts always watching out for your battery ... if you need to use your computer on battery power, do it ... of course using the power cord when possible will save your battery power (duh)

as for your new computer, I wouldn't worry about destroying your battery by using it straight away, just fire it up and enjoy it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
adding to that, it is a good time to set it up while it is charging.
Once it is fully charged, this is a good time to calibrate your battery for the first time, which many say that you should do once a month. Apple Portables: Calibrating your computer's battery for best performance
In saying that, over the 2+years that I have had my MacBook, I have maybe calibrated the battery 4 or 5 times :)
As you can see, I have plenty of charge left in my battery after being drained 321 times, but also pretty much use it plugged in most the time.
The batteries are pricey, but not so much so that it should concern you in retrospect.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13" 2.26GHz
The lithium-polymer batteries that apple have put in all the latest notebooks are basically perfect for most users, unlike the common lithium-ion batteries found in most notebooks, you lithium-polymer doesn't need the constant charge/discharge cycle to keep them healthy, so that means that you can use your notebook for any percentage of the battery life then as soon as you are at your desk just plug it in and leave it in without worrying about damaging the health of the battery. By using the battery for x% every day/two days is actually good for the battery because it keeps the 'juices flowing'.
As someone has already said, if you keep constantly worrying about the health of your battery, you WILL go crazy :L!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
Okay thankyou for your help :)
I might not download that program, because I will go crazy! I was just worried because my mobile phone is horrible now because of the way I treated the battery (I didnt know about the discharge/recharge cycle thing) and I read somewhere that macs had a lithium battery and I looked at my phone and it said Lithium too, so I started to get worried haha, but then I looked at TomWilliams post and saw Lithium-polymer, my phone is Lithium-Ion!

Reaction score
I got my macbook pro yesterday, it's been out of the box for less than 24 hours. The first thing I did was to plug it in. It spent the night shutdown, lid closed, plugged in. It has yet to reach 100% battery power, it sits at 99%. The about my mac info says it's charging, the little light on the power cord is green. The battery cycle is 1. Does it just always charge when connected to a power source? Is this a dud? Am I just being paranoid because my baby coughed and I'm convinced that now it has pneumonia and I should take it to the ER?

This isn't a coconut battery question, but I thought it was better here than in a NEW battery thread.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.