Printing to a Canon PIXMA iP2600 from OS X

Reaction score
I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what's wrong here.

I have a Canon PIXMA iP2600 set up and working with my windows computers. It is attached to one that is running Windows Vista, and is shared properly.

When I print something, it makes it all the way to the print queue on said Vista computer, but it never physically prints. This makes me think it is a driver problem, but I am using what appears to be the proper driver.

I have the printer set up through smb and had to manually select the ppd file for the driver, because it wasn't in the list.

Has someone had this problem? How can I fix it?

Lex

Reaction score
Welcome to the mac community. Since I have rarely used windows vista, it will be hard for me to answer this. One thing that might be causing the problem is the chip of the printer itself that is faulty. Since you have the proper drivers you should check the regular stuff like paper, ink, power etc etc.

-Lex

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I just purchased a IP2600 but have it plugged into my Intel Mac and access it from there. I will later try it on a Vista machine and see what I can figure out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.