syncing iphone to new laptop.

Reaction score
so my old laptop was stolen 2 days ago. today i just purchased a new mac book pro and i cant sync anything from my iphone 3g. ive searched all over the net but i cant find anything on how to do this. obviously ive lost everything so i cant just import my old libraries or anything. im mainly wanting to import my contacts list and things like that. music doesnt need to be imported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Imac Core 2 Duo//MacBook 1.83 Core 2 Duo//G5 Power Mac
have you tried this?

iTunes>Click the iPhone on the left tabs>Info>Contacts>Sync

OP
S
Reaction score
i tried that but now it keeps asking if i want to delete all my apps off my phone. even when i unclick the sync apps box it asks every time.

Reaction score
The first time you sync the iPhone with the new computer, it will automatically create a backup of all your contacts and other stuff on the iPhone. There is no need for any kind of "manual" backup.

You might also look into TouchCopy software which allows all your music and playlists to be copied to the new computer and right into iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.