Just got a new Mac!!!

Reaction score
hey everyone. I'm new here I just joined because I got a new 27" iMac. Any tips or stuff like that is welcome.

Reaction score

When I get my new iMac in the future, I also want to get an external HD for it. Probably a 500 Gigs or perhaps the larger 1 TB drive. Would like to connect via Firewire (for faster data transfer) but if purchase cost is too high, will have USB 2.0 connection instead. Using Time Machine (which is included in OS), this external HD will be used to automatically backup data. Data backup / restore is very critical to me.

Connecting any computer and external HD to Backup UPS (like APC BACK-UPS RS 1300VA LCD 120V ) is a good thing to do as well. With its connected USB cable, the attached computer can perform its own "controlled" shut-down - when battery power becomes too low (while main source electricity is out). And, a Backup UPS creates steadier electrical power. Too much electrical ups/down variance changes is always hard to electrical parts.

Since the USB ports are on the "back side" of the iMac (which is often hard to access), I would connect an external 4 port USB hub as well. Use a hub that has its own power cable as well. For example: http://www.bewawa.com/usb-hub-for-mac-english-french-1-year-warranty.html With USB hub on the front desk area, one can easily connect other USB cables to it. Like iPod synchronization cables and other USB cables.

For my future iMac (27.5"), these are the H/W add-ons I would obtain for it...

Hope this helps with your new iMac as well....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome and congrats on the new Mac ...

You might want and have a look @
Switchers guide to OSX software
Mac-Forums Switchers FAQ and Information
's Keyboard Shortcuts

For a starters as there is a bit of reading lol
But drop in anytime and ask away if you do have problems.
And do use your search function as it is your biggest friend in here :)
20100131-bqtmdwes6h2hhi68ggd9yuci4.jpg

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Congrats on the new Mac! If you have specific questions, post away. Someone here will likely have the answers.

Reaction score
I just bought a new 27" i5 iMac as well. :) I had a question about shipping... I ordered it today, Feb 1, but it's not expected to even ship until the 23rd. Is that usual?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
I just bought a new 27" i5 iMac as well. :) I had a question about shipping... I ordered it today, Feb 1, but it's not expected to even ship until the 23rd. Is that usual?

Apple halted the production of 27" due deal with the screen problems such as flickering, i heard that they ship tho but its terribly delayed.

if you want a mac quicker you can check out your local apple store (if close by one)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch iMac i5 2.66 quad core processor. iPhone 4 32 gig, ATV2. MPB 17' quadcore
Hey guys two things, I have been debating which iMac I wanted to get and I decided to go with the 27 inch i5 config. But I didn't order it because of the wait, I just went directly to the Apple Store to avoid the wait time. My OCD is such that it would invade my life and I would be refreshing the shipment info page every 10 minutes until it actually got here. Did you check with your local Apple store before ordering online? And second, I have had my iMac for about 9 days and I have had zero screen issues! This machine is of course amazing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.